Turn Chatbot Hype into Strategic Value for Customer Experience
Throughout 2016, you couldn’t have a conversation about digital customer experiences without chatbot hype shining through. When Facebook Messenger started supporting chatbot development, brands rushed to get a piece of this technology.
About a year later, Messenger grew to over 100,000 chatbots (and that’s not to mention the thousands of chatbots on other third-party platforms like Kik).
And yet, the conversation has done a complete 180 as early adopters experience the 70% failure rate of Messenger bots. Where should we stand? Are chatbots a customer experience saving grace, or just an overhyped technology?
“If you’re ready to think about chatbots more seriously—not just implement a bot for the sake of new technology—download the Bringing Chatbots into the Customer Conversation white paper today for free.”
Our new white paper, Bringing Chatbots into the Customer Conversation, cuts through all the chatbot noise and explains how brands can make them more effective pieces of an overall messaging strategy.
What Can Chatbots Do for You?
The first half of 2017 has been loaded with articles calling for marketers and business leaders not to believe chatbot hype. Take a step back, though, and realize why the hype got out of control in the first place.
Chatbots implemented correctly provide significant benefits, such as:
- Respect for Customer Time: Chatbots can increase the efficiency of customer conversations in messaging channels.
- Always-On Engagement: Unlike human messengers, chatbots are available 24/7 to solve customer problems.
- Scalable Personalization: The goal of a messaging strategy is to build one-to-one relationships with customers and chatbots are crucial to the scalability of these efforts.
The key caveat here is that chatbots can only deliver these benefits if they’re implemented correctly. This is the part of the conversation that is often left out—and it’s the reason why we wrote this new white paper for you.
Take Your Chatbot More Seriously If You Want to Succeed
One high-level reason why chatbots are failing is that brands aren’t taking them seriously enough. Some feel that simply having a chatbot is enough to boost engagement with customers—but it’s clear now that that’s not true.
We’ve talked about why chatbots aren’t a messaging strategy unto themselves and the value of a native bot, but this white paper goes further. In this new resource, you’ll get the full picture of the current state of chatbots as well as:
- Clear distinction between artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, and chatbots
- 6 unique approaches you can take to chatbot technology for your business needs
- A realistic look at key considerations for any brand looking to implement a chatbot
- And more
If you’re ready to think about chatbots more seriously—not just implement a bot for the sake of new technology—download the full Bringing Chatbots into the Customer Conversation white paper today for free.