We’re looking for a talented and driven interaction designer to help us build Layer, the open communications layer for the internet.
At Layer we believe in design. Every single part of the product is taken through a process of ideation, crafting, refining and simplification. To be a designer at Layer means doing work that will be reflected in hundreds of products and impact millions of people.
As a member of a cross-functional team, you will work closely with product managers, engineers and the rest of the team. You will be responsible for communicating the Layer vision and mission, simplify the way developers create products and shape the future of visual and interaction patterns in communication. Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with users and stakeholders to gather and prioritize requirements.
- Ideate, design and communicate engaging user experiences.
- Produce flows, wireframes and mocks to communicate your ideas to the team.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Design-centric thinker and an evangelist of user centered design.
- Can create compelling and simple user experiences, and communicate these designs to the team.
- Has a strong design aesthetic, who can tread the fine line between fun and functional.
- Has a strong portfolio featuring interaction design samples.
- Is a clear verbal communicator and is detail oriented.
- Experience with shipping cross-platform products - mobile & web.
- High level of empathy for the target audience.
- Solid visual design and interaction design skills.
- Great eye for details. At Layer, no detail is too small to skip.
- A team-player mentality, and a willingness to participate in collaborative and iterative design processes.
Because we're tackling problems you won't find anywhere else, and we're obsessed with doing it right. Layer is building an open communications layer for the Internet: a global network that enables app developers to easily build secure, scalable messaging, voice and video features into any app. We’ve quickly attracted the interest of thousands of customers. And we've hired a stellar team, including key people behind Google Voice, XMPP, OpenDNS and iMessage. With the backing of some of technology's most respected investors and advisors, we're on a mission to make communications better through the services people love and use daily.
Thank you for considering a career at Layer. Please take a minute to fill out the following form. After you have completed your application an email will be sent to you with information on how to check the status of your application. Sections with * are Required.
We will review your application and get in touch with you via email you provided in your application.