We’re looking for a talented and driven interaction designer to help us build Layer, the open communications layer for the internet.
At Layer we believe in design. Every single part of the product is taken through a process of ideation, crafting, refining and simplification. To be a designer at Layer means doing work that will be reflected in hundreds of products and impact millions of people.
As a member of a cross-functional team, you will work closely with product managers, engineers and the rest of the team. You will be responsible for communicating the Layer vision and mission, simplify the way developers create products and shape the future of visual and interaction patterns in communication. Your responsibilities will include:
- Design elegant solutions to complex workflows.
- See age-old problems through fresh eyes.
- Develop wireframes, flows, behavioral specifications, personas
- Create and run an ongoing usability program.
- Produce flows, wireframes and mocks to communicate your ideas to the team.
- Build prototypes using tools such as proto.io or InVision.
- Blog occasionally on the work Layer from your design perspective.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Sees as a good thing / actively encourages people to use their design in new ways / applications.
- Design-centric thinker and an evangelist of user centered design rooted in evidence.
- Can create compelling and simple user experiences
- Strong communication skills -- able to articulate the rationale behind your solutions.
- Has a strong design aesthetic, who can tread the fine line between fun and functional.
- Has a strong portfolio featuring interaction design samples.
- Experience with shipping cross-platform products - mobile & web.
- High level of empathy for the target audience.
- A team-player mentality, and a willingness to participate in collaborative and iterative design processes.
Because we're tackling problems you won't find anywhere else, and we're obsessed with doing it right. Layer is building an open communications layer for the Internet: a global network that enables app developers to easily build secure, scalable messaging, voice and video features into any app. We’ve quickly attracted the interest of thousands of customers. And we've hired a stellar team, including key people behind Google Voice, XMPP, OpenDNS and iMessage. With the backing of some of technology's most respected investors and advisors, we're on a mission to make communications better through the services people love and use daily.
Thank you for considering a career at Layer. Please fill out the following form.
Sections with * are Required.
We will review your application and get in touch with you via email you provided in your application.