Last September we had the tremendous honor of winning TechCrunch Disrupt San Francisco’s Startup Battlefield, joining the ranks of successes like Mint.com and Yammer.
I can’t imagine a better way to launch a technology company than TechCrunch Disrupt. Since we won:
- We’ve had more than 6,000 requests for access to our beta from individuals and teams, all over the world, wanting to build Layer into all sorts of products.
- We announced Andy Vyrros joined Layer as CTO. Andy previously led the teams that built FaceTime and iMessage and contributed significantly to Push Notifications at Apple.
- We announced Sara Wood joined Layer to lead product. Sara ran product at Wikia, Flickr and headed global web development at the World Health Organization.
- And so many other talented employees. The list goes on and on.
- Lastly, we raised a $14.5M Series A financing from a great group of investors.
Last week a new Startup Battlefield winner was crowned. Congrats to Vurb. Count us as enthusiastic users once its ready. So with that we pass the cup. Winning has been nothing short of a fantastic experience.
Our team is growing. We’re hiring in all departments and would love to hear from you.